The Sane Scientist: The Confessions of an Atheist. (Part 1)

Hello, world, I would like, to begin with, this popular computer programmer greeting. I have a confession to make. Please internet be polite and humble. I don't know whether you are a person of faith or a person who has lost faith. And I would break it down for all of you what I have to face every day and all the mixed emotions that I have to go through.

So here we go, I would like to begin by saying that there is nothing wrong in not having faith. All the people will be breathing and will be living a happy life without me doing anything at all. My prayers and all the religious rituals that I have to do like physical exercise will be of no use because there are other people out there to do my job. I think that my prayers are irrelevant. Becuase what is the matter if you have a bad day and still you had prayed in the morning. I feel pressured by the society to do all the things that religious people have to do. I can tell you that I was a person of faith and used to all the things that go with the people of faith do. I used to believe in all things that the scriptures say. I used to be afraid of the lord and believed that there are heaven and hell. And anyone who would not do what the lord has commanded the book then you are destined for eternal torture. But soon I reached the age of reason and I questioned the things that are written in the book. I don't know whether the devil made me do it or the circumstances made me question it. I don't know. So if you asked me why did you lose faith. I don't know.

The main conflict came when the people of faith and the religion that I had to follow told me that whatever is written in the book is true. How are the celestial beings do all the amazing things and I was not able to see such things. The flying people, the talking birds and animals. The sick instantly being cured by the blessing of the lord. I did not understand. And asking parents was the foolish thing that one can do. Because they know as much as you do and they don't want to tell you that it is all just made up. They fear that you may say so in the public and make them feel not responsible. So they just feed you with this stuff. I have studied in some research that there is some part of the brain that is responsible for having faith. And there have been several experiments that show that the people when presented with money were ready to lie. I don't know where do these people get their morals from.

I don't believe that having faith does make any difference at all. Because the crimes that are happening in this world is alarming. So the people who do good and would not commit any crime just because all merciful god would punish them. Because the people who commit crime did have a conscience and the knowledge that they will be punished for their wrong doings then why are they still doing them. It just makes no sense. So I did not want to associate with that group that has a double standard. If someone murders a member of your family and if you ask the question why did god do this to me why is it that the answer is the lord works in mysterious ways. So this implies that the just part of the lord is always considered and the merciful part of the lord is ignored. If you do the crime and if you repent then lord will forgive the crimes that you have done. But what about that person you has suffered because of you . The people of faith have no answers for this question. So I believe that if you sneak into someone's house and the land lord catches you. You just say that you are mysterious.

I believe that the people you are losing their faith are basically losing it because they have given up on humanity. The people that I know of who have lost faith are those who have acquired a lot of knowledge. And every atheist believes, in my opinion based on my experience is that losing the faith is the ultimate salvation that the person can reach. The realisation that this all was a sham is the ultimate challenge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has Yoga lost it's true meaning? | It is not just an exercise routine?

Has Yoga lost the true meaning. Looking at the people who are doing yoga to just keep their body streatched and toned. The people are not e...