How to quit addiction to YouTube and Facebook? Here is how

You are troubled by it. I know you are feeling bad about using the platform to get away from the problems you have in your life and it is killing you. You are the person who is seeing the videos and the posts as much as your fingers are capable of scrolling. I will tell you any sort of addiction is bad and you will face the consequences of it.

But cheer up, I am here to help.. read along.

My story and how it combated it?

I was just getting used to the platform when I was just a teen. I was a curious kid and I did not waste time on the platform. I saw the videos that were in the school syllabus. I saw many documentaries the I would never have been able to see and gain knowledge. I still remember the documentaries I saw on the Youtube Platform. And if you are addicted to the FaceBook platform then the addiction is the same.

Then a time came when I made youtube.com the homepage of the browser and I would see the videos for hours and hours on end. Just like a chain smoker. I would see it so much that the amount of information would be so much that I would actually run out of breath.

I initially thought that my habit of seeing informative videos on the YouTube platform was my hunger of knowledge and I also know that you are also thinking this and convincing yourself that your habit is ok. 
But a point came when I would feel like I am not connected with the world when I did not watch youtube for two days. And I soon realized that it has become an addiction. You are also at this point and you are here seeking for an answer to quit this addiction.

I was also by the end of three days I was watching Youtube just to act like a stress buster during the examinations. I would watch the videos online rather than study and I would loose a lot of time and would perform badly in the exams. This feeling is really bad than anything else. 

But the happy fact is that now I am not a YouTube addict. I am here to share my experience and what I found out. And you will be able to quit if you follow the following.

You need to see the world around you and keep a company of people.

This step is really important and this is the step people, miss. The reason people are watching YouTube is to say to their mind that you are doing, having everything that you see on the YouTube. This is why people are addicted to the pranks channel, this is why people are addicted to the vlog channels. Pranks channel makes your mind feel that it is having fun and you are in a company of people who are having fun. You are watching the home Video logs because you feel that you are not having a good family and you wish that you had one like in the video.
I would not mind if you deny these as bogus but I know deep down that you are thinking about them secretly.
You can not quit the addiction if you are in the denial mode. Accept them and you are good to go.
There is a reason I say keep a company of people. The people give you all that you want out of the videos. The people that are your friends will talk to you about the future and keep you in the world of reality and you will stop mismanaging yourself. The people are the real people who will give you the best opinion about yourself and it will not be manipulated.

If it is wasting your time find a reason, a strong reason....here is why.

The reason your mind is seeing the videos is because you are not giving it the mental stimulation it needs. There is a difference between creating something and watching something that is already created. Your mind will gain the information and will admire it but will not make anything new.

There is no more satisfaction than creating something. If you are interested in videos then make one and upload them. Stop looking at it like some kind of drug.

If you want to quit, and you are serious then you need a reason. The reason should be so strong that it should make you run naked on the streets if you have to. You should be able to put in the hours if it needs. Let me give you an example, you are a student and you have to study but are wasting time watching videos. You need to have a reason to study in order to quit Youtube. You need to have a dream as to what will happen to you if you study and make a life for yourself.

You will be quitting YouTube addiction faster than smoking or drinking. 

 YouTube will give you a false sense of involvement don't fall for it.  

On YouTube you are watching the Video logs of the famous and the rich people who brag about the Ferrari that they bought and sold it or you may be watching the video logs of the rich spending time going on a vacation with their girlfriends or living in an expensive hotel and munching in an exotic restaurant. You will see that and you will feel that you are rich as well and you have also enjoyed the benefits of being rich. 

Don't lie you have felt that way and that is why watched and even I watched it.

But if you think closely you will realize that it was all fake and you have nothing. It is just a false image your mind is making our itself. So if you have realized this you are good to go.

Make a commitment. That you will be as well off as the people who brag about their cars in the videos. So I will devote the time and the effort to make it a reality insted of watching this on the Youtube.

These are just commitments that you have to make so that you will make your thought process change and make you strong. These will help you to keep your focus to quit it and not make a relapse.
It is just like NoFap.

 Make youtube.com blocked from your browser for a week and see.... 

I know that making commitments are just not enough when it comes to the quiting internet. The best thing that you can do is block it on the browser. Even if you make postit paper on the screen you are going to see the videos.
And convince yourself I will watch it just a while and soon you will know that you have been seeing for hours.
Just block it you are not going to die if you did not see the videos. It is just like jacking off you are not going to die if you did not do it. You may feel anxious but this is a part of the journey of quiting it. 

Follow these and you will be able to reduce the usage and quit the addiction to YouTube and Facebook. If you compare all the points that I have covered for YouTUbe are equally true for FaceBook.  

I hope you found this article helpful. If you have questions put them in the comments and I will answer them. Share and spread the knowledge. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Has Yoga lost it's true meaning? | It is not just an exercise routine?

Has Yoga lost the true meaning. Looking at the people who are doing yoga to just keep their body streatched and toned. The people are not e...